Home Our Services Attorney Profile Visa Options for J-1 Physicians Registered Nurses Non-Immigrant Visas Employment Based Green Card EB-5: US Investment-Based Green Card Family Based Green Card CitizenshipImmigration News Search Site Contact Us


Employment and Investment Based Green Card

Having lawful permanent residence or “Green Card” enables you to live and work in the U.S indefinitely. Green card can be obtained through Employment Sponsorship, Investment, Family Sponsorship and Diversity Visa Lottery  

If obtaining a “green card” is your goal, please contact us today for consultation and to learn how we can assist you.

Employment-Based Immigration
Employment based Green Card is obtained either through Labor Certification from the US Department of Labor followed by an approved I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker and I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status, or in some cases such as priority workers, national interest waiver cases, Schedule A Occupations and investor cases by obtaining an approved I-140 Petition and I-485 without Labor Certification.  
EB –1- Priority Workers
Aliens with Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Professors and Researchers and International Executives and Managers are eligible for Green Card under this preference if they meet the criteria as follows:

           Aliens with Extraordinary Ability

           Outstanding Professors 

           Multinational Executive or Manager

EB-2 - Professionals with advanced degree and persons with exceptional ability
This classification includes aliens who are members of the profession holding advanced degrees or their equivalent, or aliens who because of their exceptional ability in the sciences, arts or business will substantially benefit prospectively the national economy, cultural or educational interests, or welfare of the US and whose services are sought by an employer in the US.

Professionals with Advanced Degrees
This category includes professional with a degree above a Baccalaureate degree, i.e.. Masters, Ph.D. or post Doctorate degree, or in the alternative, baccalaureate degree or foreign equivalent plus 5 years of progressive post baccalaureate work experience in a profession which is equivalent to Masters and is equivalent to an advanced degree. Where Ph.D. is required, work experience cannot be used as substitute. Must have Ph.D. or foreign academic equivalent.  

Exceptional Ability
This classification is available to aliens with exceptional ability only in the arts, sciences or business fields.
An offer of employment and a labor certification by the US Department of Labor is required unless seeking national interest waiver of labor certification.

National Interest Waiver (“NIW”)
Both professionals with advanced degrees and aliens with exceptional ability may seek waivers of the job offer requirement if their immigration would be in the “national interest.”

EB-3 - Professional, skilled workers and other or unskilled workers

This preference includes skilled workers, professionals and other workers.
A labor certification by the US Department of Labor or a Schedule A Petition is required for all cases under this classification.

Skilled worker position requires at least two years of experience or training as skilled worker. Training requirement may be met through relevant post-secondary education.

Professional position requires US baccalaureate degree or a foreign equivalent degree normally required for the profession. Education and experience may not be substituted for the degree.

Other or unskilled worker position requires less than 2 years of higher education, training or experience. Only 10,000 visas are available each fiscal year for this category. Which severely limits the availability of visas under this category.

EB–4- Special Immigrant Religious Worker

In order to qualify for EB-4 special immigrant religious worker category, you must show that:

You are a member of a religious denomination that has a non-profit religious organization in the United States;

You have been a member and have worked for this religious denomination  for at least two years prior to applying for admission to the United States;

You must be entering the United States to work as a minister or priest of the religious organization, or in a professional capacity in a religious vocation or occupation for the religious organization, or in a religious vocation or occupation for the religious organization or its nonprofit affiliate.  

EB-5 – Investors - Investment-based Immigration

There are two EB-5 programs:
  1. Under the first program, the alien investor must invest in a new commercial enterprise, at least one million dollars anywhere in the United states, or $500,000 dollars in a “targeted employment area," which is an area that has experienced unemployment of at least 150 per cent of the national average rate or a rural area as designated by the US Office of Management and Budget. Such an enterprise must benefit the US economy and create at least 10 full-time jobs for US workers.
  2. Regional Centers: Under this program, investors may participate in a pilot
    program where they invest in a USCIS designated “Regional Center.”
     Please contact our office for appointment. 

Phone : 202-293-6198         Fax : 202-293-6198